Joanna Penn is an award-nominated, New York Times and USA Today bestselling author of thrillers under J.F.Penn and also writes non-fiction for authors. She’s an award-winning creative entrepreneur, podcaster, and YouTuber. Her site, TheCreativePenn.com has been voted in the Top 100 sites for writers by Writer’s Digest.
Joanna Penn Links:
What do you write and how did you get started writing?
- What was it like writing in the early days of the indie revolution?
- Why is it important for creators to have multiple sources of income?
- What does it mean for an author to “go wide”? Why would an author go wide?
You are more than just a writer, though. As a creator, where does your money come from?
Tell us about your podcast.
- Why start a podcast for writers?
- How do you monetize your podcast? (Sponsorship, Patreon, Cross Promotion)
Walk us through your Patreon Rewards:
- $1 Silver
- $3 Gold
- $5 Platinum
- Why a per episode rather than per month model?
In closing, what advice do you have for starving creators?