In this episode, we talk about how to make money by creating informational products. I also share an example of how to do it from Novel Marketing.
Thank you for your kind reviews.
I was feeling very low yesterday and for some reason I stumbled across the reviews for Creative Funding Show (which I haven’t checked in months.) There were a lot of really kind reviews. I’m glad you are enjoying the show!
So far, I have not been getting much mail. So it is good to know that you are out there listening.
Today we are going to take a deep dive on info products.
What is an info product?
- Audio Course
- Video Course
The key is that it is distilled and it solves a very specific problem that your audience has. Better fit for educational creators rather than entertainment creators.
How To Create an Info Product
- Start with your audience. What questions are they asking?
- We have a lot of listeners ask us about launching their books.
- A lot of this materials is repackaged and re-recorded from the podcast, but focused on the book launch.
- All the audio is new, but the lessons have been taught before, at least some of them have.
- We have over 50 hours of audio recorded, this course focuses on the critical info.
Here was our process:
- We started by writing a draft of the landing page, and focused on the benefits that people would get from taking the each session,
- We outlined the sessions
- We recorded the sessions
- We developed the handout/homework for the session (this sometimes happened before.)
- Then we developed the actual landing page
- Got feedback from our Mastermind Group
- Went back and reworked the landing page.
Our students are getting more than just lessons. Part of what people are paying for is the community aspect. We will create a students only Facebook group. This is where a lot of the value is going to come from.
Now let’s talk about promotion.
- The main way we are going to promote this course is via email.
- Mary, Jim and I will all email our lists.
- We developed an editorial calendar of when the emails will go out and from who.
- We are also promoting it on the Novel Marketing podcast
- Novel Marketing Patrons save $50 on the course. This encourages people to sign up as patrons.
Use Novel Marketing’s Patreon Affiliate Link to make an extra $50 for your first 30 backers.