There are two schools of thought when it comes to membership sites, one is to use a 3rd party platform like Patreon, and one is to do it yourself on your own website. I want you to hear from people from both schools of thought, which is why I’ve invited Ravi Jayagopal to the show.
Ravi Jayagopal is the Co-Founder of DigitalAccessPass.com, a premier membership platform for WordPress. He also hosts SubscribeMe.fm a podcast about making, marketing & monetizing your content with membership sites, online courses & subscriptions.
- Why would someone want to host a membership site on their own website rather than using a platform like Patreon?
- What are some of the downsides of hosting it yourself?
- How do you design a membership program people want to join? What do you include with the membership?
- What are DOGPOO and DOSAA?
- Let’s Talk About Membership Models. When do you go lifetime? When do you go recurring?